Saturday, March 24, 2012

Try, Try, Try Again

I hate failure.  And I hate craft fails.  But I'm going to bounce back from this one.  After all, it did keep me from falling asleep last night, but as I lay in bed, totally restless, I'm pretty sure I came up with a solution.  Hopefully, I'll get a chance to try it out today. 

Here's the gist of it.  Remember my Bubble It Up dress?  The back of this was an amazingly happy accident.  I love it.  I think it's gorgeous. 


However, as I was making that dress, I knew there was an easier way to do it.  So yesterday I set about making a better tutorial.  It was going okay, but then when I slipped it on Riley, I ran into a snag.  The front is fine...

But here's what happened with the back: the lining flopped in.

... and the dress poofed out. 
It's not the greatest silhouette.  

And actually, I think I'll kind of like this dress better if the bubble doesn't go all the way up but has a more fitted bodice.  If you like it this way, don't worry; I plan on making tutorials for both options... and I'll fix the back on this one.  Third time's the charm, right? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments more than I love buying new fabric, and that's saying something. :)