Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Spruced Up Hummus Recipe

This isn't as much a recipe as a "touch-up."  My husband went grocery shopping with the girls this weekend, because he is AWESOME!  But at Trader Joe's, they were out of my favorite Mediterranean Hummus.  Sad.  So very sad.  So he grabbed a plain hummus instead.


After I had swallowed my disappointment--because let's be honest, it wasn't really all that bad-- I thought, Hey!  Why don't I just try to spice this sucker up a little!?  So here's what I did... just in case you fall into the same situation.



(Can you tell we do a lot of TJ's shopping?  Hehe!)


Ingredients:
1/4 cup raw pine nuts
pinch popcorn and nut salt (or regular old salt is fine, too!)
EVOO, about 1 Tbsp
dried parsley (to taste-- roughly 1 tsp)
ground cumin (to taste-- roughly 1.5 tsp)

Instructions:
Throw the pine nuts in a pan over medium-low heat.  Toss with a pinch of salt and keep stirring around until oils start to release and nuts turn golden brown.
Mix toasted pine nuts with everything else.  Keep tasting till you get the flavor you like!

It's pretty clear why I don't write a cooking blog, ain't it?  I do most recipes like this-- keep tossing stuff in till I like it.  And I like this!  A lot.  Now I'm off to dip Nut Thins in it... or maybe make a wrap... or just eat it by the spoonful perhaps?  Whatever happens, it's yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments more than I love buying new fabric, and that's saying something. :)