Thursday, June 21, 2012

Why, yes... I AM Skirting the Issue!

Have you heard about Simple Simon & Co/Project Run & Play's Skirting the Issue event?  Can you say Fan-freaking-tastic?!  If you don't know what I'm talking about, check it out now.  Even if you're a beginning sew-er, you can contribute. 

I decided, after looking at the fabric explosion that is my basement, that I needed to start a little clearing out challenge for myself.
Maybe someday I'll do a series... "Cut the Scrap?"  What do you think? :)

I started brainstorming ideas of things to do with all the leftover scraps I have in my much-loved fabric stash.  Then, inspiration struck.  Skirting the Issue, meet your first sew easy being green conribution: The Scrap-tastic Hi-Low Skirt!
 I took bunches of coordinating fabric, cut them into varying sizes of rectangles, and went to town.  Really, I should call this the Up-Down Skirt because I was constantly going from floor (cutting mat) to machine to ironing board.  But I love how it turned out.  It's fully lined with a black and hot pink polka dot fabric (because I just wanted a little splash of pink!) and is truly one-of-a-kind.

Here's a close up of my favorite part.  The alternating wavy lines.  
I hope it makes some sweet girl very, VERY happy!

P.S. just realized it's REVERSIBLE! Bonus!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments more than I love buying new fabric, and that's saying something. :)