Monday, July 30, 2012

Little Lounger Dress-- Upcycle!

 I had this knit maxi skirt that I got way back when I was pregnant with Riley.  That was roughly five years ago.  It's been stuffed in my closet, storage bins, and a few other places for-- pretty much-- the past four years.  I ran across it the other day and slipped it on.  Sure, it was comfy, but I looked awful.  And a closer inspection revealed a few stains.
Clearly, it was a perfect volunteer for the upcycle chopping block!  I originally thought I wanted to make a maxi dress for Noelle, but then I thought about how she loves crawling on the floor like a dog.  So, instead, I went for semi-long and plenty roomy.  It's a great playdress for her. 




It needed a little oomph, so I appliqued a flower in hot pink and teal.  I used my Go! Fabric Cutter.  Holy cow, that thing makes my life easier!

I love a good upcycle!


P.S. If you read this far, I'll let you in on a little secret.  I have another giveaway coming up soon, and it's awesome!!  Keep your eyes peeled!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Heather! Just saw your comment on my blog and wow! They really do look a lot alike (and they are both adorable :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments more than I love buying new fabric, and that's saying something. :)