Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Quick, Cheap and Easy Closet Makeover

We have a super ugly front closet.  I'm not a fan of the wood, and it has this dated glass:

Today, I decided that enough was enough.  I didn't really have the time to sand and paint the doors, but I was just tired of looking at that glass.  So this isn't an ideal fix, but it'll do for the time being!

All I did was grab some 12x12" scrapbooking papers, cut them to size and tape them up.  Cover with clear contact paper for a little added protection (especially if you have little hands that will be touching them!).

Sure, it's not uber-professional, but it makes me much happier.  Oh, and do you like my artistic touch of flipping one of the center pieces?  Yeah... uh... meant to do that. :)

Oh, and it only cost me a little over $4 and took about half an hour.  Not bad for 30 minutes work!

1 comment:

I love comments more than I love buying new fabric, and that's saying something. :)