Sunday, February 26, 2012

Round it Out Scallop-Edged Dress

Pin It

This dress started with the neckline.  Then I thought, Hmmm... what if I just do everything as rounded as I can?

Voila.  Now we know what happens: the Round it Out Scallop-Edged Dress.

 



 Like I said, I decided on the neckline first-- a little scoop-y. :)

 Yes, we do occasionally drink our tea party tea out of mini beer steins.  Doesn't everyone?


The dress is completely lined, with teal on top and a Chevron-esque fabric on the skirt.  The armholes are finished with bias tape.
 

My favorite part of the dress-- BY FAR-- is the scallop hem on the wrap-around skirt.
 

The skirt has two layers of coordinating Lisette fabrics.  It also has an elasticized waist for a more feminine fit.

Just in case you were getting bored of my excess of pictures, here's Little Sister, yucking it up during our tea party. :)

Just one more, for good measure.  It's the perfect dress for practicing ballet, apparently. :)

10 comments:

  1. The dress is too cute! I would love for you to link up at my Linky Party via: www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com


    Mrs. Delightful
    www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How unique and pretty! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing with Busy Monday at A Pinch of Joy! Adorable dress -- I'm pinning this! And, of course, tea party tea tastes better in mini beer steins! Hope to see you again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a stunning little dress!


    It was an outstanding week of talent at Rook No. 17. Thank you for being a part of the creative energy and spirit that gives “A Little Birdie Told Me…” wings. Hope to see you again at this week’s party!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love to see blue on little girls, great fabric choices :) She's a cutie.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments more than I love buying new fabric, and that's saying something. :)