Tuesday, February 7, 2012

See Ya 'Round embellished shirt

Pin It

Have I mentioned, lately, how much I love my Accuquilt fabric cutter?  I swear, I'm not the Accuquilt spokesperson, though I could be! :)  And when it comes to circles, I'm never going back.

... Noelle's go-to look is now what I like to call "the cheeseball."  What a ham that one is!

I've actually been thinking about this shirt since BEFORE I got my cutter.  I had seen a card with layered circles on it and thought it was cute.  Then I thought, that could be a fun embellishment.  Plus, it helps if you have a lot of these:
SCRAPS!

Please tell me that you also have about a bazillion scraps lying around your house; it'll make me feel better.

Here's what I did.  Took those scraps and cut them into long strips.  Applied Steam-a-Seam and ironed.

Cut the long strips into square (ish) pieces that were bigger than 2 inches across (the size of my circles diameter).

Stacked those in my fabric cutter and got these!

Then I lined up the rows.  I used my straight-edge to help.

And I thought it would be fun to fill in a few of the gaps between circles.

Press it all and there you have it! 


See ya 'round! (harharhar)
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments more than I love buying new fabric, and that's saying something. :)