Monday, January 9, 2012

Adorable Owl Jumper

 Owl admit it (bwahahaha!)... this may be the cutest thing I've  ever sewn.  I love how it turned out, and I really love that it turned out this well on my first attempt.  I was thinking that this may have been one of those great-in-concept projects.  But when I saw my little owl-lover in her new jumper (sidenote: she also makes the most adorable owl cooing sound), I wanted to go and kiss my sewing machine. 

And I also really love the fabric, a recent fabric.com purchase.  I could probably buy up their entire inventory. :)

It's a little difficult to tell in these pictures, but the broown on the skirt is actually the owl's wings.

EDIT: The tutorial is UP!  Go on over here!  Though Riley requested a giraffe jumper (which is also done.) Hmmm... you may get an owl first, little lady.  Oh, and I think I'll include a kangaroo pocket on Riley's.  The girl loves pockets.

For now, let's just revel in this cuteness.


Linky parties this little number is in...











22 comments:

  1. This is absolutely adorable. I pinned it and it instantly got repinned 13 times! Hope that you do create a tutorial for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! I loved making it, and I'm pumped to have been pinned! :) The tutorial, fingers crossed, will be done by this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute and creative! I want to make one!! Would love for you to come link up to Trendy Tots at http://areal-lifehousewife.blogspot.com/2012/01/what-she-wore-wednesday-trendy-tots_11.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beyond cute! What a great project! Won't you consider sharing it with my readers at sassafrassalvation.blogspot.com/2012/01/architectural-salvage-jewelry.html. Thanks! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cute..Makes me wish my girls were little again....Enjoy this time when they LET you dress them up:) I'd love for you to share this at my linky party this Saturday over @ CountryMommaCooks...Have a Blessed Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is too cute!! I love it when a project turns out how you hoped - on the first try!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness... this is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is beyond adorable! Makes me wish I was having another girl.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh yes - that is seriously cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. soooooo cute! I'm pinning this for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just so cute!! I wish I had a little girl to dress up in this! You did such a good job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just way too cute! You're little modle is adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cutest jumper ever! Love owls, love jumpers, love to sew!
    ~Gay~
    itsahodgepodgelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow! Gorgeous! Gorgeous! Gorgeous!!!! I'd love to see a tutorial for this :)
    Consider me your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got it! http://seweasybeinggreen.blogspot.com/2012/01/owl-jumper-20-tutorial.html

      Delete
    2. ...though the skirt is a little different. And thank you!!! :)

      Delete
  15. Featuring YOU today! Thank you so much for linking up to {wow me} wednesday last week.

    Ginger @ gingersnapcrafts.com

    http://www.gingersnapcrafts.com/2012/01/take-look-at-you-my-favorites_19.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. CUTE!!!!!!!! I gotta put this link on my friend's facebook wall - this is darling! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Heather, have you ever put up the tutorial for this skirt? i love both versions of the dress.....but i'm a beginner and the easier one is probably best for me!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Boa noite! Como faço para encomendar o vestido?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments more than I love buying new fabric, and that's saying something. :)