Thursday, January 19, 2012

My Funky 70's Girl

Pin It

If anyone in our family looks like she belongs in a specific decade, it's little Noelle.  With her hippie-chic blonde hair, she's a lock for a 70's chick.  In other words (and probably more truthfully), her hair is very, uh, au naturel. :)  Anyway, when I saw this vintage pattern on Pinterest, I immediately thought, Noelle needs something like that.  


Now, one of my rules for kids' clothing is that it must be WEARABLE-- that means that it needs to be comfy and easily washed.  Maybe that's why, once I overcame my fear of them, I have fallen deeply in love with knits.  Noelle's dress is made of a super soft brown knit.  Oh, and it's crazy cold here right now, so Noelle naturally couldn't just wear a mini-dress, so I lengthened it a little... though she'll be wearing it with leggings anyway.  And I gave her long, big belled sleeves.  She's a doll, ain't she? :)


I'm not sure what was on her hand, but clearly, it was gross. :)


 Oh, you cute flowerchild, you. :)

1 comment:

  1. What a cutie!! I love dress and that headband is adorable! Thanks so much for linking up to Sassy Sites for our Friday ffa party! Have a fabulous weekend!

    XOXO!
    marni

    ReplyDelete

I love comments more than I love buying new fabric, and that's saying something. :)