Thursday, January 19, 2012

Liebster Award!!!

Pin It

I have been overwhelmed by the love I've been getting in my short time in the craft blog world.  If you are reading this now, in fact, I'm indebted to YOU.  I started this blog because I absolutely LOVE sewing for my kids, and I'm grateful to the "interweb" for helping me discover new things.  The next natural step for me was to see if I could be of service to other people.  I hope someone out there can create something great from one of my tutorials!  (And if you do, please please please let me know!  I want to see!!)

Anyway, I got an email from my new friend, Pam, over at Threading My Way , telling me that she was giving me the Liebster Award!  Now, in case you didn't take German in high school and college, like I did, "liebster" means dearest, beloved, favorite.  

So, what's the Liebster Award? It's fellow bloggers helping fellow bloggers get a jump start on their blogs.  Seriously, I've found so much encouragement from my fellow bloggy friends; I'm pumped to pass on the love!!




The award is given to bloggers with less than 200 followers, to promote and encourage new friendships among the blog community.

Part of this award is to pass it on to others. Here are the rules:
  1. Post the award on your blog.
  2. Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
  3. Reveal your 5 picks for the award and let them know.
  4. Bask in the love from the most supportive people on the blogsphere... other bloggers.
  5. Finally, the best rule of all, have fun and spread the love!
Let me start with Pam, though.  Pam is awesome for a number of reasons.  First, as I mentioned, she runs this fantastic blog.  Second, she's brave enough to post a picture of herself in high school... though she was/is super cute, so I guess that's not that brave. :)  Third, she has these great, ongoing link parties for girls' dresses, bags and totes and women's dresses.  Need an idea-- she gave you a place to find plenty in one spot!  And last but definitely least, she's a born encourager.  She is a gifted pumper-upper.  You can't help loving that!

And now, drumroll please, for my five picks.  Oh boy oh boy oh boy!  Here they are!

1.  Jenni from Shared From Way Over Here.  She's a mom to two girls and, with her husband, ministers to missionaries in Portugal.  Awesome.  She has all sorts of ideas on her blog (check out the button necklace-- so cute!), and it's easy to tell, through her blogging, that she has a beautiful heart.

2. Kate at Craft Whatever.  She's funny, her blog and photography are lovely, and she has unbelievably helpful and fun ideas.  I must must must make these flowers... though I can't imagine mine will turn out as gorgeous.  I mean, wow.

3. Ash and Nat at Crafty Cousins.  These girls are creative and funny!  I was first won over by this awesome ruffle shirt.  Have I mentioned how much I love ruffles and frills??  And click on the tutorial link for more really really fun things to craft!

4. Veronica over at Adventures of D and V.  Having been diagnosed with celiac disease in 2003, I'm a sucker for gluten-free recipes.  Just so happens that "D" of D and V is gluten-free, too.  She's totally speaking my language with the Cinnabon story found here.  And her cinnamon rolls are now on my to-make list! :)

5. "Mama Jodi" at Meaningful Mama.  This is such an uplifting blog with ultra-cute ideas, to boot!  We're going to have to make some of these snowmen, now that we actually have snow!

My word, there are so many amazing women of creativity, craftiness and faith out there in the blogosphere!  Thanks, again, Pam!  I'm stoked to pass this award on! :)


 

4 comments:

  1. You're more than welcome, Heather. Thanks so much for your kind words and I look forward to seeing more of your wonderful creations this year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Heather! You really have the gift of encouragement being able to note the good in others so easily. Being that my winter wreath I linked up was my first blog post in a month it seems, I'm not sure if I can keep the award going--but we'll see! Trying to walk out some new disciplines in all arenas of life. Thanks again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, thanks so much! I am really touched that you thought to give this award to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank, Kate!! And thanks for the email tip. I put mine up now! Man, I'm such a rookie! :)

      Delete

I love comments more than I love buying new fabric, and that's saying something. :)