Friday, January 20, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day... Already?

Pin It

If there's one thing I've learned from going to Target approximately eight times a week, it's that as soon as Christmas is over, it's Valentine's Day.  So really, I'm very late with making V-Day attire.


Now let me speak to holiday clothing.  I'm a sucker for it.  I want every scrap of seasonal fabric I see.  But I make myself hold off (well, except at Christmas; I'm not that strong).  See, I want my kids to be able to wear their clothing over and over again, and that's a little tougher to do if the clothes are too closely tied to a specific date. 


That's why Noelle's Valentine's Day dress is a pinkish red and has a heart but doesn't scream February 14th.  I think I found a good compromise.  What do you think?  She seems happy enough with it and her bear valentine. :)



 The details--

bias-tape neckline with a button closure in the back...

 ...sleeve facing in a coordinating flower fabric...
(this is my favorite sleeve of the moment; tutorial coming soon!)

...which matches the heart pocket.  And if you have a pocket, you may as well fill it with cars, right??

4 comments:

  1. Cute little dress that's not holiday specific. Love the puffy (but not too puffy) sleeves with the facing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love the coordinating sleeve facing! It's precious - such a sweet little detail that really makes the dress awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CUTE dress!!! I love the heart-shaped pocket :) Would really love it if you could share this with us at Sharing Saturday - http://www.mamamiasheart2heart.com/2012/01/sharing-saturday-3.html

    Have a great weekend,
    MiaB

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute dress! Love the pocket...nice touch. I know you left a comment on my blog but I couldn't reply back. If you want to show your email address in your blogger profile it will help when you leave comments on other blogs and then we can email you back. I know you are new to blogger so didn't know if you knew about that. It helps with contests, too. If you don't leave your email address then they can't contact you to let you know you won : ) Just trying to share the love back to you!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments more than I love buying new fabric, and that's saying something. :)