Saturday, January 14, 2012

Elmo!

Pin It


Does anyone else have children who ONLY want to wear clothes with their favorite characters on them?  If I let my 3 1/2-year-old choose her attire (which she usually gets to do), it will be Dora and Disney princesses every time.  Actually, after she wore her one and only princess shirt on Monday, we've had the following conversation every morning:

Me: Okay, Boo, go pick out some clothes!
Riley: Umm... I want the princesses.
Me: They're dirty, Honey. 
Riley: Why?
Me: Well, because Mommy hasn't done laundry...

It's probably best to stop there.  You get the idea. 

Noelle, on the other hand, is head over heels for Elmo.  So when we walked into Jo-Ann's, and she caught sight of the Elmo fabric, it had to go right into the cart. 

I'm not in love with the color.  It's kind of tennis ball-ish, which is fine, but it's a little bit of an odd choice, if you ask me.  But hey, it's Elmo, and she loves him.  I added a band of red and white polka dots to the bottom, the flair of the sleeve is lined with the same polka dots, and we added a pocket for good measure.



Next up, Riley has requested a Cars shirt.  First a giraffe, then Cars.  The girl knows what she wants. :)

2 comments:

  1. This is darling! My little one LOVED Elmo! Now she's six and "much too old" for such thing. Enjoy those days! I found you through I Heart Naptime. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the little pocket. I have a similar pattern to this shirt. I'll have to add a pocket next time I make it.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments more than I love buying new fabric, and that's saying something. :)